It's Great to be Grand - Larriers Grandparents Day Sep 2012

Yesterday 9th September was Grandparents Day so a very HAPPY GRANDPARENTS DAY to all the Larriers grandparents. We asked the boys to nominate their grandparent(s) for The Larriers Grandparents of the Year 2012 and to give a reason why. We picked a winner from each class and the grandparents received a medal and certificate. So, well done to all the grandparents and the boys and we hope you all enjoyed a lovely day!!! Here is what the finalists from each class had to say about their very special grandparent(s).
FINALISTS:
2nd Class
Alex nominated his grandad Kriste because “he plays with me, draws good pictures and lets me use his torch.”
3rd Class
Adam nominated his grandmother and he said “she reared my ma excellent, my ma reared me excellent. I wish I met my nanny.”
4th Class
Shane nominated his nanny and grandad “because my granda brought me to the hall and we had fun and my nanny is very funny and she makes the best coddle ever.”

5th Class
Josh nominated his nanny and grandad because he said “they love me. They also understand me and they take care of me. I love them.”
6th Class
John nominated his nanny and grandad and he said the reason was because “when I’m sad they crack me up and they’re always helping me with my homework and they’re always there for me.”
And now you can read what all the other boys said about their
lovely grandparent(s) .......
Helped me with my homework.
He bought me headphones and he is kind.
He gives me presents.
He gives me money and brings me winkle picking.
She gives me money and is nice.
They help me with my homework.
They let me sleep in their house and are cool.
We love them and they help me with my homework.
She cooks my dinner and she loves me and she is cool.
They are nice to me and helped me with my homework and picks me up from school.
They love me and I love them.
I love them and because they are my ma and dads parents.
She took me places I’ve never been before and took care of me and she was so nice.
I love them they are good to me and they are my dads parents and they are always good to me, I love them.
My nanny and granddad always give me biscuits.
I love her, she buys me lovely presents and she is always happy to see me.
My granddad always gives me money.
I love my nanny Rooney because she always gives me money.
Because she is very nice to everyone because if it’s lashing she will let you in her house.
Because she gets me lovely things, she is the best nanny money can buy and she is very, very, very funny!
My nanny cooked my dinner every day and when my ma said no my nanny said yes to everything.
She was very important to me and we had fun when she visited.
My nanny knitted me a United scarf.
She supports me with my homework. And I like her because she is my nanny, I love her.
They are special in our family, they mean lots to us.
She is the best. I love her hugs!
She lets me stay every Saturday, my granddad makes a bowl of stew. IT’S BEAUTIFUL.
When me and my ma are sick they take care of us and they are always there for us and I love them and they love me.
I love you because you take care of me every day, that’s why I love you.
They give me loads of money and I love them.
My granda taught me how to box and my nanny makes the best dinner ever. I©U.
They are our family. More importantly we love them and they love us.
She is there for me and she is the best EVER and I love her ©.
I love them just the way they are.
When I go to Romania, when my mam and dad go somewhere she lets me stay and play with all the dogs.
He is good, kind and gives money to me.©
She minds and helps me, she loves me and gives excellent presents.
He makes me dinner and gives me money.
She never forgets to give me a Christmas present.
They look out for me every day. They always mind me. I love them.
They are loving and caring, I love them to bits.
He makes me dinner every day, he is very good to me. I love my granda very much.
They love me, bake cakes for me, mind me, knit me sweaters and help me.
Of the way she wakes me in the morning and I love her soldiers and eggs and I love her.
She makes me stuffing for my Sunday dinner and she plants flowers.
When my ma is sick she lets me stay.
They are always there for you when you need them the most, I love them very much.
My granda takes me out on walks, when I feel sad he always cheers me up.
Because she always looks out for me and if I’m sad she makes me happy.
If I’m upset they always cheer me up and if I’m sick they give me medicine.
She takes care of me and my three brothers on her own and even though it’s tough she still does it. Thank you.
My nanny cheers me up and my granda tells me jokes and they both look out for me and that’s why I love them so much.
When I am sick she helps me and gives me medicine and looks out for me.
They always look out for me and if I’m sad they always try to cheer me up and make me laugh.
When my nanny has the paper she cheers me up with the jokes.
When I’m on my own she brings me up town and buys me a pair of runners.
My nanny always buys me stuff and my granda tells me the same joke over and over again.
She is very kind and every time I walk in her house she is very welcoming.
They always help me. My nanny always makes me dinner and my granda always tells me jokes.
Anytime I am sad she cheers me up by letting me stay in her house, she tries to mind me but I mind her more than I mind anyone.
When I get up for school late she always asks me “will I make your lunch?” but I say no thanks nanny.